Articles Comments

Debt Relief – Insolvency – Bankruptcy Information » Mortgage Refinancing » Are lenders required to disclose Lender Paid Mortgage Insurance to borrowers?

Are lenders required to disclose Lender Paid Mortgage Insurance to borrowers?

I’ve recently tried to refinance through the HARP program and was told I could not because the company servicing the lender paid mortgage insurance on my loan does not participate in the HARP program. The issue is that I was never made aware that my loan had mortgage insurance. I’ve done research and found that The Homeowners Protection Act requires that lenders disclose LPMI. Is this the case? And, if so, what are my options?


  1. Insurance Information : About AARP Life insurance & Mortgage Refinancing The AARP offers life insurance and mortgage refinancing over their Web site for senior citizens. AARP life insurance will...

  2. can you lower your mortgage (without refinancing) by having excess in escrow once taxes and insurance are paid? My statement came in stating that I am under $15.00 in escrow for taxes to be paid in December. My...

  3. Is Upfront Mortgage Insurance paid at a mortgage refinancing deductible from income taxes? I am pretty sure it is deductible when you a buying a home; just want to know if it is...

  4. Does damage already paid through an insurance claim need to be completed if home is going to foreclosure? My best friend is letting her home go to foreclosure due to extenuating circumstances. She had water damage in April...

  5. Help determining how much mortgage company paid to buy a loan in pre-foreclosure? Question for your real estate investors out there. I am aware of a property that is in pre-foreclosure. I happen...

Written by

Filed under: Mortgage Refinancing · Tags: , , , , , , ,

One Response to "Are lenders required to disclose Lender Paid Mortgage Insurance to borrowers?"

  1. good guy says:
    hire a RE attorney, and pay the $100 consultation fee, or whatever it is, the money spent could save you a bundle. Or maybe if you have a city/county assistance program, they could help. Ask around, to neighbors, your bank, etc for help. maybe call your state representative and tell them you are a voter, they may also help. good luck.

Leave a Reply

Connect with Facebook


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Not finding what you're looking for?
Do a custom search of our entire site:

Get Adobe Flash player