Articles Comments

Debt Relief – Insolvency – Bankruptcy Information » Insolvency » Canceled Debt and Form 1099-C

Canceled Debt and Form 1099-C

Canceled Debt and Form 1099-C

A brief look at the IRS’s definition of Canceled Debt as well as Form 1099-C.


  1. Regarding Income from Cancelled Debt, What If You Never Receive a 1099 Form? I had a lot of debt settlement activity in 2009 and I’m aware of how to handle that activity as...

  2. IRS Form 1099-C… A few questions? 1) I know one of the exemptions for paying tax on a 1099-C is insolvency- what is insolvency and does...

  3. Can I file Form 1040A with Form 982 for cancellation of debt in the case of insolvency? Thank you? I have debt cancellation in the amount of $10k. I was insolvent at the time. If I file form 982,...

  4. how to claim insolvency(sp?) on a 1099-C – Cancellation of Debt? According to my debt settlement company, we may not have to pay taxes on a 1099-C we received if the...

  5. Debt Settlement and Form 982? I am going through debt settlement and trying to plan accordingly. I am a renter and only own an old...

Written by

Filed under: Insolvency · Tags: , , ,

One Response to "Canceled Debt and Form 1099-C"

  1. [...] Read more … Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. [...]

Leave a Reply

Connect with Facebook


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Not finding what you're looking for?
Do a custom search of our entire site:

Get Adobe Flash player