Articles Comments

Debt Relief – Insolvency – Bankruptcy Information » Bankruptcy Help » How can I amend a chapter 7 bankruptcy file adding a creditor?

How can I amend a chapter 7 bankruptcy file adding a creditor?

I file for bankruptcy and I have the meeting on the 17th. I DON’T have an attorney.And I forgot to add a creditor on the file.

Please, I need to know exactly what is the form I have to print out and fill out to bring to the court in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I know I have to pay a fee of $26. But I still don’t know what form I have to fill out and where to get it. Thank you for your help.


  1. A Solution To Streamline Chapter 7 And 13 Bankruptcy Law Firm Operations When a consumer is interested in filing bankruptcy, they will normally contact a bankruptcy attorney  in their area or simply...

  2. If I file bankruptcy after a judgment is placed against me, will it erase the judgment? I’ve been sued by an account that was turned over to a law office. I want to file bankruptcy but...

  3. The Pros and Cons of a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Individuals who are willing to pay their debts within 3-5 years qualify for the Chapter 13 bankruptcy. This chapter is...

  4. Facing Foreclosure – File Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyer Conroe Houston TX 936-760-3299 Bankruptcy Attorney Conroe TX 936-760-3299 If you’re in danger of losing your home to foreclosure, call the Simonsen...

  5. Can I file Form 1040A with Form 982 for cancellation of debt in the case of insolvency? Thank you? I have debt cancellation in the amount of $10k. I was insolvent at the time. If I file form 982,...

Written by

Filed under: Bankruptcy Help · Tags: , , , , ,

2 Responses to "How can I amend a chapter 7 bankruptcy file adding a creditor?"

  1. Dark Green Money says:
    Find your courthouse. Ask for the bankruptcy help desk.
    It doesn’t necessarily have not be done before the 341 meeting.
    But it’s much easier if done before discharge so as to avoid the need for a motion to reopen the case.
  2. Cynthia R says:
    You need to add the creditors as amended on schedule D, E or F and then you need to prepare a simple Motion. typically in the Motion you must list the name and addresses of the missing/new creditors. There may be sample Motions on the Net.You may want to contact the Bankruptcy Court as many have clerks that help pro se filers.

Leave a Reply

Connect with Facebook


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Not finding what you're looking for?
Do a custom search of our entire site:

Get Adobe Flash player