Articles Comments

Debt Relief – Insolvency – Bankruptcy Information » Foreclosure Help » How do I file a foreclosure on a property?

How do I file a foreclosure on a property?

I am a lien holder on a property and the person who is buying the property has not paid their taxes and is always late on the payments? Is there a form I can fill out to start the foreclosure process? I live in Harris County, Houston, Texas. Thank you.


  1. my property is up for foreclosure? do i still need to pay my property tax? I live in Miami FL. and my property is up for foreclosure. my property tax is due at the end...

  2. What happens to a real property trust if a property goes into foreclosure? A house is in danger of going into foreclosure and the real property trust does not have the cash flow...

  3. Does having a foreclosure and not paying your property taxes affect US citizenship application? I have not been able to pay my house for the past six months, it went into foreclosure and know...

  4. How quickly do attorney fees accrue on a property that has gone into foreclosure? I am working on a property that is in foreclosure in WA state. It is 2 months into the process,...

  5. Can I quit claim property back to lender who refuses to finish the foreclosure procedure? without going into the sordid details how i acquired a over priced slum house, I want to know if there...

Written by

Filed under: Foreclosure Help · Tags: , ,

4 Responses to "How do I file a foreclosure on a property?"

  1. tro says:
    this will be a legal matter you will have to file
    the property taxes unpaid will be a matter for the county against the property owner, but your note for the purchase of the property is another matter entirely and one you will have to pursue legally
  2. RUSerious says:
    I seriously doubt that anyone using this forum is a qualified attorney licensed to conduct business in the State of Texas.
    I would suggest that you consult with an attorney. Many attorneys (not all) will grant you a free consultation and then you can proceed from there as you see fit.
  3. Max Hoopla says:
    This is not a tax question and not a do it yourself project. Hire a real attorney.
  4. StephenWeinstein says:
    It does not matter where you live. You need to follow the procedure for the place where the property is located.

Leave a Reply

Connect with Facebook


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Not finding what you're looking for?
Do a custom search of our entire site:

Get Adobe Flash player