Articles Comments

Debt Relief – Insolvency – Bankruptcy Information » Mortgage Refinancing » I am going through a divorce and my husband wants off of the mortgage – how do I do this w/out refinancing?

I am going through a divorce and my husband wants off of the mortgage – how do I do this w/out refinancing?

We currently have 2 mortgages on a 2-year-old house. One of the mortgage companies is allowing me to take over the mortgage, but the mortgage company that has the lesser of the 2 mortgages will not. We cannot refinance since there is not enough equity in the home to do so. What else can I do?


  1. Buy Home Loan Mortgage Refinancing Purchase Home Equity Dallas Welcome to Town Square Mortgage & Investments! Town Square Mortgage and Investments, Inc. is committed to finding the right...

  2. Can a person refinance a home equity loan, as opposed to a refinancing a mortgage? ? A couple of years ago, my spouse and I doubled the size of our home which we had owned “free...

  3. Refinancing Home Mortgage What you need to know before refinancing you home mortgage home mortgage refinancing, mortgage refinancing,. home mortgage, mortgage...

  4. Mortgage Refinance – Home Mortgage Refinancing – Bad Credit Mortgage Refinance Need mortgage refinance advice? USLOANZ will help you to get Home Mortgage Refinance and Bad Credit Mortgage Refinancing easily...

  5. Mortgage Broker, Mortgage Refinancing in Los Angeles CA 90046 Our goal is to offer the best refinance rates and lowest mortgage payments in minutes. We will beat virtually...

Written by

Filed under: Mortgage Refinancing · Tags: , , , , , , , ,

5 Responses to "I am going through a divorce and my husband wants off of the mortgage – how do I do this w/out refinancing?"

  1. opetke says:
    You’ll have to refinance. There is no other option.

    Good Luck!

  2. Tiffany says:
    I believe it is called a quit claim deed. Google quit claim deed and divorce and see what you find. Your mortage company should be able to send you the form for it.
  3. S&DM says:
    You’re going to have to sell the house, pay off the mortgages and whatever little money is left you’ll have to split. You can’t refinance an already double mortgaged home, that’s impossible, there’s no equity left!
  4. Annabella says:
    You can’t do anything about that. It’s their money & they want security in having 2 people who qualified for that loan to be on it. The person who said you should have him sign a Quit Claim has no idea what they’re talking about. A Quit Claim simply removes him from any interest in the property which you definitely should do since he’s not going to be paying anymore, but that doesn’t remove him from responsibility at bank level. Your bank calls the shots on this one. Qualifying again on your own is the only thing you can do. They will not just remove him at request.
  5. lorisam7879 says:
    The only way to change information or mortgagees on the loan is to refinance. From my knowledge there is no other way to remove his name. If the company will not allow it, even with divorce papers stating his name will be removed, then other than refinancing there is no way around it. You may just have to wait until the economy/housing issue gets better to remove his name.

Leave a Reply

Connect with Facebook


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Not finding what you're looking for?
Do a custom search of our entire site:

Get Adobe Flash player