Articles Comments

Debt Relief – Insolvency – Bankruptcy Information » Mortgage Refinancing » I have a question about income taxes for the past 2 years and refinancing my mortgage. ?

I have a question about income taxes for the past 2 years and refinancing my mortgage. ?

Me & my husband separated in the year 2006 and filed our taxes separately as well as the year 2007. We got back together in October 2007 and bought a house. Now I am trying to refinance and the bank wants copies of the past 2 years income taxes. Will it look bad on us that the past 2 years our taxes were filed separately? This is the way we were told to file but I dont want to mess up the chance to refinance.


  1. Question about refinancing a mortgage and the tax implications? My future son-in-law is trying to refinance his home mortgage. The man handling the refinance suggested that he might get...

  2. Is Upfront Mortgage Insurance paid at a mortgage refinancing deductible from income taxes? I am pretty sure it is deductible when you a buying a home; just want to know if it is...

  3. can you lower your mortgage (without refinancing) by having excess in escrow once taxes and insurance are paid? My statement came in stating that I am under $15.00 in escrow for taxes to be paid in December. My...

  4. Do I have to claim a Chapter 7 bankruptcy as income on my tax return? I had to file Chapter 7 in 2007. Most of the percentage of what I filed was penalties on credit...

  5. mortgage refinancing vs home equity loan? I have a mortgage balance of $75000 to payoff, 8 years remaining. Would it make sense to take a 15...

Written by

Filed under: Mortgage Refinancing · Tags: , , , , , , ,

4 Responses to "I have a question about income taxes for the past 2 years and refinancing my mortgage. ?"

  1. golferwhoworks says:
    it is fine they do not care at all just makes the package larger that’s all
    I am a mortgage banker in TN & KY
  2. HondaChick says:
    No it doesnt matter how you file. You shouldnt have any problems.
  3. Sweetharttt says:
    Give the mortgage company what they are asking for. There should be no repercussions to what you have stated.
  4. Minniemousie says:
    So long as neither of you messed up your credit while separated, you will have no trouble. You can’t change tax return history, and you must produce the returns, so do it with little or no comment. If anyone questions, merely tell the truth.

Leave a Reply

Connect with Facebook


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Not finding what you're looking for?
Do a custom search of our entire site:

Get Adobe Flash player