Articles Comments

Debt Relief – Insolvency – Bankruptcy Information » Foreclosure Help » What are my daughter’s options upon receiving a foreclosure notice on her home?

What are my daughter’s options upon receiving a foreclosure notice on her home?

My daughter is currently going through a divorce and does not live in the home, although her soon to be ex husband does. Both their names are on the mortgage, and she just received papers that there is an impending foreclosure on the home. Can she put the house up for sale, and, or do what they call, a “fast sale” in order to get out from under this? He doesn’t currently work, and does not seem to care either way what happens.


  1. What are my options after filing Bankruptcy and home in Foreclosure? Need Help!? I live in Michigan. I filed Bankruptcy Chap.13 and was basicially denied, cause the monthly repayment plan would not leave...

  2. What circumstances would qualify a home foreclosure over a Short sale? What would qualify a home foreclosure to be better than a quick sale? I have a home with little to...

  3. Home Foreclosure Options – Tampa St Petersburg Bankruptcy Lawyer 800-526-1949 Individuals interested in finding out about home foreclosure options in Tampa & St. Petersburg should watch this...

  4. Notice of Trustee Sale – Avoid Foreclosure In California The Jeff Team, California’s leading short sale specialists, provide short sale advice to homeowners considering options to avoid...

  5. Home foreclosure and where does the bidding start? Due to unfortunate circumstances my husband and I had to give up our family home. After trying to sell it,...

Written by

Filed under: Foreclosure Help · Tags: , , , , , ,

4 Responses to "What are my daughter’s options upon receiving a foreclosure notice on her home?"

  1. fuzzykjun says:
    she can not sell with out the husbands consent,, both names or on the contract,,, have her tell the bank its her husbands house and to bother him not her,, but if she works and he doesn’t then they will try to come after her,,, she will need legal help…
  2. Gorkbark Porkduke Gefunken Fubar says:
    She will need his cooperation on this if both names are on the deed.
  3. Debdeb says:
    I think you mean short sale, not fast sale. She should call the lender and talk to them about it. If her name is on the mortgage, she is equally responsible for the loan whether she lives there or not. Her credit is going to get screwed, so if there’s something she can do to make it better, it will behoove her to do it. Call the lender right away.
  4. Susan says:
    She can try to talk the ex into a short sale but that’s best handled by a real estate agent and a lawyer both. She might as well call the attorney right away. If the bank takes the house she may be responsible for any deficiency depending on the laws in her state.

Leave a Reply

Connect with Facebook


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Not finding what you're looking for?
Do a custom search of our entire site:

Get Adobe Flash player