Articles Comments

Debt Relief – Insolvency – Bankruptcy Information » Insolvency » What happens when a condo goes into receivership?

What happens when a condo goes into receivership?

I live in an condominium complex that is currently in debt, with little reserves and not enough equity to even get a loan. The place is falling apart becasue we don’t have money for repairs. One option brought up is to go to court and get a state appointed receiver. What exactly does that entail?


  1. What happens when a company goes into receivership? I work for a hotel that is going into foreclosure. It needs a lot of rennovating. We are currently in...

  2. I am renting a condo that is in foreclosure;do i keep paying rent? I was told not to by a foreclosure attorney? I have been getting the notices for a couple month now and the “landlords” say it is nothing to worry...

  3. To FDIC: Put Bank Of America Into Receivership (Huffington Post) Two leading critics of the financial industry are calling on the FDIC to put some of the...

  4. Can I refinance my condo even though you have other loans? I would like to refinance my condo with my current lender. However, my boyfriend got a two loans that are...

  5. Chatham Capitol Theatre Goes Into Receivership The Chatham Capitol Theatre has entered into receivership and a court appointed trustee will oversee the insolvency process. Mayor...

Written by

Filed under: Insolvency · Tags: , , , ,

2 Responses to "What happens when a condo goes into receivership?"

  1. bob shark says:
    I would guess that the condo operation would be sold to creditors, and an assessment made on all individual owners, and if the individual assessments were not paid, individual foreclosures would happen.
  2. ziggymo2 says:
    this is not a common thing-a receiver. Who owns the condo? A receiver is someone who steps in when people can not agree. Like a probate or a divorce. My dealing with a receiver have been- they upon court approval can sell, maintain, intake all money and pay bills. Its almost like hiring an attorney to handle the matters. But only for the owner of the complex

Leave a Reply

Connect with Facebook


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Not finding what you're looking for?
Do a custom search of our entire site:

Get Adobe Flash player