Articles Comments

Debt Relief – Insolvency – Bankruptcy Information » Foreclosure Help » What kind of government grants are out there to help with housing/home foreclosure?

What kind of government grants are out there to help with housing/home foreclosure?

I’m on the verg of foreclosure and need help fast! I know it may be a bit far fetched to receive a grant for home foreclosure but I’m just reasearching any possibility to help me not lose my house.Any info will help. Thanks.

well dawn666, My husband has a full time job and we have 5 kids and we like many people in the united states has found ourselves in a hard situation,so before anyone else thinks I’m a lazy bum try to not be an IDIOT first!


  1. Government Grants Aimed At Debt Relief – The Personal Grants The financial needs of individuals vary, and if you need funding, you can apply for government grants aimed at...

  2. Bad Credit Loans – Government Grants – Public Records Debt Grant Loans Are Available. Bad Credit Personal Loans, Gov Grants, Foreclosures, Unclaimed Money, Scholarships, Student Loan Debts, Bankruptcy Help,...

  3. Debt Relief & Management Tips : How to Apply for Free Government Grants, Loans, & Scholarships The government has many websites to apply for free grants, loans and scholarships. Find out more about each grant...

  4. Free Grants! – Free Government Money! Get Free Grant Money Now! For almost any purpose use for business and personal needs and More. We guarantee your...

  5. Home Foreclosure Help Let’s be honest, when you buy a home, the very last thing you think of is the possibility of...

Written by

Filed under: Foreclosure Help · Tags: , , , , , ,

7 Responses to "What kind of government grants are out there to help with housing/home foreclosure?"

  1. dawn666annapolis says:
    i think the gov. has exhausted all funds available. you need a job.
  2. Carlee says:
    Try the Federal Housing Administration: They have an online resources list with articles and other helpful information. Other that that, I’m not much help. My husband and I are about to purchase our first home and we’ll be serviced by HUD.
  3. col. Kurtz says:
    the “bailout” plans being hatched may be too late to save your house. But generally speaking they’re all based on the borrower’s ability to repay the loan. That means paying Principal and Interest on the amt borrowed not just some “interest only” scheme as were typically offered thru the “pick-a-payment” loans of yore. This is where many of the folks who used the so called “Liar Loans” to purchase will be SOL. So go on any of the mortgage calculator sites and plug in your loan balance, the current int rate and see if you can comfortably make the payment it spits out. If not it may be time to “give up the ghost” and look for a decent rental house!!

    FHA has a program where, depending on your situation, they may be able to cover up to 125% of your homes current value and give you a fresh start, but you still must be able to qualify for the payment including everything Principal, Interest, Taxes, hazard Insurance, and MMI or mortgage Insurance!!

    Edit> Beware loan modification schemes, depending on your state, they only re-arrange your arrears and DONT actually stop the foreclosure. We know of a couple who were late 1 day after they had “Modified” their loan and lo and behold several days later the Marshall showed up with an order to vacate and some hired “bullies” and a moving truck to move them out forcibly cuz the Bank completed the Foreclosure immediately after they were “late”…..

  4. Larry says:
    I don’t know of any federal assistance programs. However, there could be a state program, my State, Pennsylvania has one. Your state assemblyman, should be able to advise you.

    Also, please don’t hesitate to contact your U.S. congressman. Congress is allocating millions of our dollars to assist banks.

  5. acermill says:
    There are no actual grants (free monies). There ARE programs designed to help homeowners reformulate their repayment agreements to make the monthly payment more tolerable.

    However, if you can’t afford even these lowered payments, then you’re going to face foreclosure.

    And please don’t use your five children as an excuse. Having five of them was ALSO your choice.

  6. cloutmaster says:
    The above answer is correct. Working with a loss mitigation company can give you someone on your side to negotiate with your lender and get you a loan workout that will make it easier for you to keep your home.
    I am the owner of a loss mitigation company myself. We work to make sure you can save your home if possible. There are some that are non profit and will work for free. Others charge a fee. If you go with one that charges a fee, make sure you dont pay upfront. Only pay once service is provided.
  7. nick m says:
    I have over 10 yrs experience in this subject area. To my knowledge I am aware of only 2 programs which have solid reputations helping those with foreclosure issues. Please email me at: and I’ll send you what I have.

Leave a Reply

Connect with Facebook


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Not finding what you're looking for?
Do a custom search of our entire site:

Get Adobe Flash player